LAKE SAFETY REMINDERS…
1) Always travel in a COUNTER-CLOCKWISE direction, even in the no-wake zones & along the shoreline.
2) Stay away from/reduce to idle speed near a swimmer or downed skier/tuber/child who has fallen. Otherwise, your boat or wake could injure them.
3) When passing another watercraft, do so on the slower craft’s LEFT side. Make sure they see you/know you are there.
4) Don’t allow passengers to sit on the front ledge of moving pontoon boats. If they fall in the water, it can take only seconds for them to be pulled under the boat and into the propeller.
5) Be mindful of all other watercraft (kayaks/canoes/ paddle boards) and swimmers.
6) When traveling at higher speeds, maintain a 100 ft distance from all docks.
7) Don’t use excessive speed. Our Lake is not as big as you may think. There are other, larger bodies of water nearby that are better suited for those wishing to “go all out.”
TEE LAKE HAS DNR DESIGNATED “NO-WAKE” & “ALL SPORTS” AREAS…
Tee Lake’s DNR Designated “No Wake” zones include the south arm & south bay and all narrow areas around the islands. No wake zones require boaters to travel at idling speed, “the slowest speed they can travel while still maintaining the ability to steer and make forward progress.”
The balance of Tee Lake is designated as “All Sports.” Hours for high-speed boating/ towing/ skiing are restricted by the DNR to the hours of 10:00 am - 6:30 pm. "Quiet Time" on Tee Lake is designated from 6:30pm - 10:00am
GYPSY MOTH CONTROL PROGRAM
Updates for the 2024 Program will be posted as they become available
WHERE DO I TAKE MY TRASH?
The Greenwood Township Transfer Site is located on County Rd. 489 (Red Oak Rd.) Property Owners may obtain a pre-paid ticket to dispose of their household refuse at the Greenwood Township Offices (See Links Page for Location/Contact Information)
Transfer site is open Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday from 12:00 noon to 5:00 p.m. for township residents only. Cost is .50 per 30 gallon plastic bag with a PREPAID TICKET. Without a ticket, the cost is $2.00 per 30 gallon bag. Recycling fees with a prepaid ticket are 4 punches per visit; without a prepaid ticket the cost is $3.00 per visit.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, starting April 1, 2021 the transfer site will be accepting prepaid tickets only. No cash will be accepted. Prepaid tickets can be purchased at the Township Hall during regular business hours.
Because our lake is a public lake, the DNR keeps Tee Lake on a fish stocking rotation at zero cost to property owners. One of our residents is researching habitat and species to help us all get a better understanding of the delicate eco-systems at work where we play. In order to consider augmenting the DNR efforts all property owners, regardless of membership status, will need to be involved/notified/etc. In order to vote on augmentation, you do not need to be a paid member of the TLPOA ~ only to commit funds. POA Member approval will be required before TLPOA funds are committed.